SPECTRE Gerber is back ?

Maybe I'm just VERY late to the party... But about 2-3 years ago I wanted to pick up the Gerber 06 Automatic Knife S30V Drop Point from SPECTRE but they were sold out everywhere... However, yesterday I went to the uniform supply business here in Nashville where we get our yearly allowance for uniforms and equipment at the Police Dept and there it was in the display case for sale.. (snagged it on my yearly allowance credit too as a bonus!) Got home and out of curiosity looked around online and they are everywhere again.. Am I making things up in saying they were all kinds of scarce for a while ?

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited April 4

Gerber releases certain models in intermittent runs, so it makes sense that the 06 Auto might’ve been MIA for a while. Gerber can be sneaky because occasionally those manufacturing lulls evolve into product discontinuances. I was lucky to catch the last wave of Covert Autos, Mark II's, and Combat Folders.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent

That knife is one of the rare Bond pieces that would be worthy of 007 himself. An excellent blade: I carry mine all the time.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited April 5

always rare in the UK where it's illegal for the public...which always amuses me but seems appropriate as only folks like M & Bond could carry around London's streets.

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited April 16

The good news is the 06 Auto is one of Gerber's most popular models. It has an NSN number and has since '06 been purchased in large quantities by the U.S. military. Hopefully all of that bodes well for its production longevity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maI8WaHlj9g

I edit, therefore I am.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,162MI6 Agent

I'm not familiar with the SP Gerber, but as recently as 2022 I was in a smoke shop and was shocked to see, what appeared to be the TND Gerber for sale in a glass cabinet. After all this time, I had finally seen one in the flesh. Would've bought it in a heart beat, but tragically I cannot own any double-edge knife in my state. I can have as many full-size Japanese swords as I like though... 🙃

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.